Monday, July 9, 2007

The Latest and Greatest .....

I'm a couple of weeks behind due to health reasons. There's no better time to play catch-up then when the doctor orders you home from work and off your feet.

I explored Flickr. Its an interesting site with cool photos, along with some that reminded me of watching the neighbor's vacation slides as a kid. I don't think I would use it in the future. If I had the interest or the need, I would take my own photographs and, being a private person, would not post them on the Internet for the world to see.

The tech item of the week is actually old: YouTube. My Mom came to help after the surgery and I wanted to show her a clip of John Pinette, one of my favorite comedians. Having dial-up at home and limited computer skills, she had never heard of YouTube. I found myself searching for all my favorite clips, like the Panda Sneeze, as we sat like two teenagers in front of the computer. My Mom's excitement was contagious and pure entertainment.

On that note, I'm off to tackle Thing #8.......

1 comment:

D. L. S. said...

I agree that a lot of Flickr is not so good - just mediocre slides or images, I should say, from someone's trip or whatever, but I've borrowed public images for use before and I've found Flickr really useful for that sort of thing. Plus, when I found my images of tigers at the zoo in Amsterdam, it really brought back memories. Kind of nice. And the images were really nicely done, unlike anything I would have taken. YouTube is another matter - again, a lot of junky stuff, but some very creative stuff as well. And lots of laughs if you know where to look.