Friday, August 24, 2007

The End is Here!

It has been a long journey, but I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! I would describe 23 Things as a roller coaster; definite highs with some activities that I loved, as well as some lows where I felt like I was wasting my time. But isn't that the way learning happens? Anyway, my favs were LibraryThing, YouTube, audiobooks and online productivity tools. I felt like the program was useful both on a personal level and professional. A suggestion for the next discovery program is to hold it over the winter; summertime has been difficult due to the Summer Reading Program and vacations.

Overall, 23 Things dragged me kicking and screaming into Library 2.0, yet I find myself embracing the technology that I've learned on this adventure. I hope the library continues to do programs like this.

2 comments:

IrmBrown said...

Congrats on finishing! I think it's great. I'm sure if we, as a system, weren't working with the state that our timetable would have been different. But, it was important to keep our foot on the cutting edge... state-wise. Thanks for your perserverance and your thoughts. Hope you'll keep blogging. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.